MAP sensor issue - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Hi all. New guy here. First time poster, although admittedly I have been visiting this forum for answers since July. Bought a 06 Colbalt LT in the summer. Previous owner was a sweet, yet oblivious guy. Original owner, whom I don't know was a complete moron. Horror stories to come at another time.

Current situation. P0106 and P0108 codes. Every fix I try brings them right back. Here's the backstory.

One of the "original" codes (one of a dozen) was the P0107 code. MAP low voltage. Replaced the sensor with a new one.

Car has never quite run reliably. Symptoms are what you would expect at a vacuum leak at idle. Intermittent stalling and surging. Running rich with no fuel trim obviously because DTCs are displayed.

NO vacuum leaks can be found with carb cleaner OR propane. I boogered the brake booster nipple on the manifold and tried a home repair. I boogered the evap solenoid nipple the first time I took the manifold off, but I replace it. Yet, checking for leaks revealed nothing.

I don't have a vacuum gauge, but voltmeter tells me that the 5v reference AND low reference are both good on the MAP harness. I find it hard to believe that a new sensor is faulty, but I suppose it's possible.

Here is my ask. Should I just go ahead and replace the manifold itself, or check the throttle body first? I cleaned the throttle body early only, and most certainly messed with the butterfly valve because I'm too dumb to research drive by wire before fiddling with things. However, nothing I've seen so far had DTC codes matching Map and ONLY map sensor.

I also understand that I may be seeing this code due to a leak in the engine side, but since I didn't see the code until I yanked the manifold, I'm assuming I screwed something up

Any advice is MORE than welcome. Thanks again yall

P.S. forgot to mention. Already replaced the manifold and throttle body gaskets with a Fel-Pro set. What was on there to begin with wasn't too bad, but I wanted to rule it out.

Last edited by midnightwrench; 12-18-2018 at 12:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 03:33 PM
Forum Regular

whats the current hard fault dtc p0107 for map Low Voltage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode