Trunk and Fob Questions - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Trunk and Fob Questions

I just bought a used 2009 cobalt. It did nor come with a key fob or a spare key. Where can I get a spare and a fob?
I canít open the trunk. The key wonít turn in the trunk keyhole, and the button next to the steering column doesnít seem to do anything. The car didnít come with an ownerís manual, so Iím stuck. How do I get the trunk open?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 02:03 PM
Prospect

On the '08 it's in the change drawer to the left of the steering wheel.. button right inside of the top left of the compartment.

For the fobs, I bought mine off of Amazon and had the locksmith rekey the trunk (I replaced it when I got it) and program the fobs. My '08 won't reprogram by hand, has to be done with tools. The '09 might be different.

Last edited by user00265; 02-11-2019 at 02:06 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Thanks for thee info about the fob!
I was able to find the trunk release button in the drawer next to the steering column. When I push the button, nothing happens. I can touch wires behind the button and the base of the button (where it plugs in) seems pretty warm. Iím wondering if thereís a short in the wires.
This weekend, Iím going to check with the place I bought the car and see if they have a fob or any ideas on whatís going on. Maybe they forgot to get me the fob somehow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode