05 Cobalt Acceleration Issues - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

05 Cobalt Acceleration Issues

I have a 2005 LS that is having issues with acceleration when it is cold outside. I am relatively new to doing my own repairs and am looking for suggestions to see if this is something I can fix on my own.

When the weather gets to about 30 degrees or so, I have to let the car warm up for 5 or 6 minutes before I can get any kind of acceleration. The engine revs up and runs, but I just creep forward. Once it gets warmed up there are no issues at all. If the weather is warm, there are no problems. I had my transmission looked at last fall and it was fine.

Any idea what might be causing this and is it something a motivated novice can fix? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode