Good news, replaced the crank position sensor with an AC Delco part. It wasn't too bad a job, a little bit of hand dexterity certainly helps getting it back in. I did a resistance check of the 3 pins on the sensor and the old sensor certainly showed much higher resistance vs. the new part. The short wire harness was checked for continuity and line cross talk and passed. I also looked for any chaffing or wear of the various wiring harness sections around the engine and did not find anything as most of it has been protected by wire loom. Cleared the code and it is running very smooth now. This process took about an hour.
I had enough time to change the serpentine belt, clean the throttle body, replace rear shocks and check rear brakes. Not a bad Saturday morning.
I did discover that cleaning the throttle body requires the drive servo to relearn the throttle valve idle position. At first it idled quite high after cleaning the throat around the plate, ~1550 rpm. After I pulled the battery connection and a few drives the ECU has been gathering more info to adjust the idle. Impressed that this vehicle has these systems.