Crank no start - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Crank no start

I have a 2007 cobalt supercharged 2.0 just brought it about a week ago. Just wondering when I try to start it, it crank sometimes itll backfire when it doesnt start but when it eventually do start it runs and drives fine. Any advice on where to start. Fuel pump comes on I emptied all the gas just incase it was dirty. Changed the filter as well. The codes in it was b1325 and that's it besides p2229. It was missing the baro sensor so I replaced it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

So far checked for vacuum leaks which there arent any. Checked fuel pressure held at 60 psi. Injector pulse. Made sure injectors actually sprayed as well. Checked spark from each coil which was fine. Only thing out of the ordinary was loose plugs so I'll try and fire it up in the morning if still giving the same problem next thing is compression...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 04:51 PM
Initiate

DTC B1325 is a device low voltage code. Is your battery ok? Did you check compression yet? No other dtcs? Loose plugs will cause a issue due to blowing the compression out

Last edited by TCSS07; 04-26-2019 at 04:58 PM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Sorry just checked the thread but yeah check compression 1 was the lowest 170 and 4 the highest 210 besides that I think 2 was 200 and 3 was 190 so didnt seem too bad
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Also tried using a valve cleaner thought maybe sticking valves... only other thing I did notice was I'd I give it high (really high about 5.5k rpms) white smoke comes through the exhaust
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Another thing just noticed after driving for a while once the engine warm up it usually start without a problem
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 07:44 PM
Initiate

i dont know if my pm went through so ill post here also.

all good on the response. Pm is the best way to get a hold of me since i dont check everyday. I have a lsj as well and honestly ive never done a compression check so i dont know what the base line number should be but id usually like to see them closer together given there is a 40psi difference between highest and lowest reading. how many miles are on the engine? white smoke blowing out isnt a good sign however what kind of valve cleaner are we talking about because those can cause white smoke and shit until you burn it all out if you use one that goes through the induction system rather than the fuel system. do you have a cylinder leakage tester? you had no others dtc's right? and do you have access to a scanner that can see data? like misfire counts and stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode