Fuel Line Brackets - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Initiate

Fuel Line Brackets

'07 Cobalt LS. Fuel line leak, extensive rust.

It has a leak in the pressure line, where it runs between the gas tank and rear wheel. There's significant rust all along the line, moreso near the brackets. I'd like to replace the whole line with Nicopp. To do this, I need to open the brackets mounting the lines to the underbody.

The brackets are split (horizontally), and look like they might be hinged on inboard side. There's what may be a barbed latch locking the upper & lower halves just inboard of the brake lines. They appear to mount to the underbody on a metal pin.

So far, I haven't gotten any movement. It looks to me like the the brackets might have been snapped onto the tubing before installation, and then the whole assembly pushed onto the mounting pins.

... So, that's the question: can the brackets be opened as they sit on the car (how?), or do they need to come off the mounting pin first?

Bonus question: about mid-body, there's a longer (16"?) clamshell-type dogleg-shaped piece encasing the tubing. Is that also pinned to the body, or is it free to come down once the brackets are free?

Any hints appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
brackets , fuel

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode