Turn Signal Not Cancelling; Not Multiswitch - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Thumbs down Turn Signal Not Cancelling; Not Multiswitch

Hey guys and gals;
I bought a 2008 Cobalt LT. The multiswitch was busted and held together with a hose lamp. It would also not release when turned. I purchased a new AC Delco for 13 bucks on EBay and put it in. I was getting giddy to try it out and not have to manually cancel it when I turned. I fire up the car and start driving, I come to my first turn and flip the turn signal and was thinking yea you dirty rascal, I got you now. I make the turn and the signal keeps blinking. I was defeated and heading down the wrong path. I return home and pull things back down. I get to looking and there was this circular piece of plastic that is over the steering shaft. I start flicking it around and come to a piece on it that is larger. After further study, this is what cancels the turn signal. I have spent the last 2 hours browsing AllData and searching online for an exploded view trying to determine what this piece is that is standing in the way of my joy. Please help me find joy and either tell me or point me in the direction I need to head in finding what this little piece of sh.....crap is.

Last edited by DevilDawg; 06-07-2019 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Forgot image
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Could the rear of the clock spring be involved with controlling the canceling of the turn signal. Reason I ask is that is without a doubt the part of the clock spring that is pointed out in the picture above. That is about the only thing that makes sense to me at this point? I will get the steering wheel pulled and check it out tomorrow.

Last edited by DevilDawg; 06-07-2019 at 09:51 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

It was in fact that back piece on the clock spring. I was able to pop it back into place and confirm my turn signals do in fact cancel now. Only problem, even though I took the utmost care, placed tape over clock spring and case to keep in place, after I reattached the negative post to the battery, it set the service airbag light came on. It did not set a code so I am going to go put it on the computer and see what I can find there. I hope I don't have to replace the clock spring but maybe

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Alrighty, got her on a computer today. It Returned a B0012-0E; Driver frontal deployment loop resistance low. I disconnected the negative post and unplugged and reseated all connections to the air bag and reconnected the negative post; all is good in the neighborhood now. My turn signals cancel out now and no longer have a service air bag message

What Makes The Grass Grow....BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode