Things You Had Fixed Under Warranty/or After - Page 14 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 140 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Newcomer

Yep I'm with you too. On my 5 th column and they refuse to put in another one. Told me I had to wait for gm engineers to come look at it. Reall starting to get the run around on this issue. I've put 30k miles on my car in under a year so I drive a lot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 140 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 11:27 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerExpert

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to ssscgirl
i fixed under warranty my power steering thing and 2 weeks later my balt was totaled which sucked.got a new one now tho

2006 ss/sc G85 package K&n typhoon, Stage 2 Hurst sts
drilled and slotted rotors, painted calipers poly trans mounts 3'pulley.new megan exhaust new black headlights with hids
post #133 of 140 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Cobalt Master

Had my transmission control module replaced a week before the warranty expired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flare in your motoring.

post #134 of 140 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 10:49 PM
Newcomer

Send a message via AIM to Bombinadam1403
So far I've had a power steering motor replaced, they did new struts and shocks last year, new tires and something else last year to the fine tune of almost $1600.

As far as I know, I've had at least 2 power steering motors placed into the car so far and occasionally it still acts up. The mechanics told us when picking it up last year about a chain or belt getting ready to go out... This past week there's a noise coming from the front end when you're driving but goes away when idling or braking. I was also told that it's going to need new rotors placed on it soon...

The car is starting to become a money pit being that it's only 2.5 years old.
post #135 of 140 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Chevy Customer Service
YourCobalt.com Premium MemberExpert

Hey ssscgirl

So sorry that you lost your old Cobalt but so glad that you loved it so much you decided to get another one. Let me know if you need me to look up your warranty information, your VIN, build sheet or anything else like that. Send me a private message and I can do that for you.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

Have you checked into Chevrolet Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.chevrolet.com!
post #136 of 140 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Newcomer

Had power steering and fuel pump replaced under warranty. MPG went from 24 to almost 35 after having fuel pump changed.

----------------------------------------------------
Bought for $500
Replaced: Starter,Timing Chain,Tensioner,Fuel Pump,Power Steering,Battery,Plugs & Wires,Rear Brake Kit,Tie Rods, Tires. Still to Replace: Rack & Pinion, Exhaust, BCM.
post #137 of 140 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 09:57 AM
TJR
Prospect

Garage
Radio was replaced and and my key was stuck so they replaced that as well
post #138 of 140 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 10:17 AM
Contributor

Getting a free hood under warranty - outside entire front edge underneath of hood is rusted, with a small hole near front corner above headlight. Just made it under the wire.....
post #139 of 140 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Forum Regular

I was lucky. I had a ball joint replaced under warranty. SO FAR my car has been good. One ball joint, one link, 2 bushings and a steering shaft. All cheap parts, all easy to replace. I have 160,000km on it, so I'm happy so far.
post #140 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 02:43 PM
Prospect

cyl head

at 88k a code kept showing up , I don't remember the # , it just said misfiring in cyl #1. dealer said they couldn't find anything . they charged me $100 and said good by. went back later and was told it needed a cylinder head . no charge. they also told me my front end needed work. I asked how much $ ?? struts,tie rod ends and other items totaling 1400.00. A month later I purchased 4 new tires and had a 4 wheel alignment at another place and asked how the front end was? I was told it was good. that was 70000 miles ago. I refuse to go to a dealer and let them change my ignition key , they say I won't loose my remote starter. screw them .. thanks for letting me vent.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode