Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalt Stalling when Cold

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ItzBlueBish 
#1 ·
Hello. I'm new here so I hope this is the right place to post this?

I have a 2007 Cobalt LT coupe. In the two years that i've had it, from early November until say the end of March (when it's cold out...i'm in Pittsburgh), my car stalls out when I come to a stop. If I let the car warm up 15 to 20 mins (to reach full temp.) it does not act up. The car is fine and issue free ALL summer long. But literally EVERY time I drive this thing when its cold out, the first few times I come to a stop, the car sort of jolts or hiccups and the engine cuts out. It starts right back up and will usually do it once more one I come to a stop. After driving for 5 or 10 mins, the car will not do it anymore at all and will most likely not do it again for 6 more hours or so (after it gets nice and cold again). I have had this car at the dealership 6 times over the past 2 winters and it has not acted up even once for them (so they claim...). So they have been unable to help me at all. I'm so frustrated because I should not have to deal with this EVERY time I drive the thing. Sometimes I almost hit the car in front of me when it stalls out.

I took it to a different dealer this past monday and one of the techs in the service dept said he would check my ECM and see if that could be a problem. He called back and said some of the modules in the computer were not working properly. I picked up the car last night, went to drive this morning, and lone behold, it stalled again!

So far, I have had the ECM calibrated, cleaned my MAF and replaces the air filter, and cleaned out the throttle.

If anyone has ANY ideas at all, please let me know. I am so disgusted that i've had to deal with this for 2 years now and I can't take it any longer.

My car was purchased from CA and has PZEV emissions if that needs to be known?

TIA

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.