I Need to VENT! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Angry I Need to VENT!

So Roadside came and got my car yesterday, which had a new clutch installed at 29165 miles. Grinding into third and forth, random release points on the pedal, and you gotta mash the car into gear, it by no means go's in smooth.

They called me said trans is fine, 3 people drove your car, no one see's any issues. The work order states I have a new clutch installed.

They replaced the steering rack, I still have front end noise, and told me it was ready. So I had my wife get the keys on her way home, since I was still waiting for my ride home from work since I got no loaner car. Which roadside said I would have, since I need to go to work, which I explained and they told me I was gonna get one. Service advisor basic told me to fly a kite.

Well I got in my car hoping to be done with this mess, and that's when I noticed a beat clutch. Yeap that's right, 400 miles on it and it grabs at the tippy top of the pedal, yet 3 GM service personnel say its fine.

To make matters worse the dude who sold me the car, my WIFE'S UNCLE, will not pick up the phone, or call me back. For two weeks since I got the car, the first two I actually enjoyed it. I even made sure to make it appear garage kept when it snowed. LMAO yea I cleaned my car after cleaning the snow off, and washed it while at work before going home. Now all I want to do is rip the fenders off with my bare hands and drive it through the dealership window.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 04:04 PM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to XFE
My clutch grabs towards the top also...

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 04:10 PM
mmmm rice<3
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
go visit your wife's uncle. take a baseball bat too.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 04:27 PM
Forum Regular

Great post for FML when i bought my balt i later found out it had a bent control arm that they just hammered out and aligned the wheel on it so it would not rattle or shake...for a while. It had been in a front end colision that they covered up and it had been painted several times my car is a multitude of oranges which I couldn't really tell until the cheap wax they used wore off. luckily i got them to cover half the price of the control arm after making a "presence" at their dealership they almost got the dam thing thru their window. Oh and a month later ice fell on my car at work off a communications tower and the army refused to pay for it. And a few weeks after that A guy w/o insurance hit my bumper in a parking lot.

TTR Sway bar, De badged, z-spec intake, DVD player.

"I am by no means an expert in my field of work or play"
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Expert

u can borrow my bat if u like

mods... tinted taillights, 1000 watt alpine mono amp, 2 10 inch alpine type "r" subs, basspro slot ported box, xm radio, alpine 6x9 rear speekers, alpine 6.5 front speekers (both type "s",09SS front bumper and lip,black factory headlights, 12k foglights, 10k headlights, slp catback,fe5 suspension with sportlines,black carpet, painted plastics (black) huge custom pink monster sticker... and ofcourse.... BLACKED OUT!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

@ Cookie, I got both lower control arms replaced already, a new steering rack, yet I still hear a rattle from my steering. I am gonna hope that Tues, my next service appointment, I still have the rattle. Maybe then the 3 tries lemon law will be on my side, and a new Cobalt outside my house.

@ tylerh, believe it or not, this fool just got a new house and he was hoping I would rent out the basement. Sell me a car like that, make 2-3k off me there, then you really think I am gonna move in with you. Also the baseball bat would be like, Brock Lesner vs a 5th grader.

@ Blakd, I will take you up on your offer IF you film it, and upload it to you tube.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to dkscbalt
Lol nice. I ended up having two broken lifters with no check engine light, and to my suprise my balt still ran good. I took it in and the dealership refused to work on it because the cel wasn't on. They also insisted that there wasn't anything wrong with my car even though my car sounded like it had stage 3 cams in it. I ended up taking my car to my buddies shop and there it was. Two broken lifters and a destroyed rocker bearing. After that experience I'm not sure if I'll ever buy a gm vehicle again.

Built not bought fully bolted 2.2 and Trifecta Tuned

Authorized Trifecta Reseller In Central Wisconsin

Check out my new showoff thread!!!
https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/veh...entral-wi.html
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamseye View Post
@ Cookie, I got both lower control arms replaced already, a new steering rack, yet I still hear a rattle from my steering. I am gonna hope that Tues, my next service appointment, I still have the rattle. Maybe then the 3 tries lemon law will be on my side, and a new Cobalt outside my house.

@ tylerh, believe it or not, this fool just got a new house and he was hoping I would rent out the basement. Sell me a car like that, make 2-3k off me there, then you really think I am gonna move in with you. Also the baseball bat would be like, Brock Lesner vs a 5th grader.

@ Blakd, I will take you up on your offer IF you film it, and upload it to you tube.
.. haha NP Braddaman

mods... tinted taillights, 1000 watt alpine mono amp, 2 10 inch alpine type "r" subs, basspro slot ported box, xm radio, alpine 6x9 rear speekers, alpine 6.5 front speekers (both type "s",09SS front bumper and lip,black factory headlights, 12k foglights, 10k headlights, slp catback,fe5 suspension with sportlines,black carpet, painted plastics (black) huge custom pink monster sticker... and ofcourse.... BLACKED OUT!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to dkscbalt
Lol nice. I ended up having two broken lifters with no check engine light, and to my suprise my balt still ran good. I took it in and the dealership refused to work on it because the cel wasn't on. They also insisted that there wasn't anything wrong with my car even though my car sounded like it had stage 3 cams in it. I ended up taking my car to my buddies shop and there it was. Two broken lifters and a destroyed rocker bearing. After that experience I'm not sure if I'll ever buy a gm vehicle again.

Built not bought fully bolted 2.2 and Trifecta Tuned

Authorized Trifecta Reseller In Central Wisconsin

Check out my new showoff thread!!!
https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/veh...entral-wi.html
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkscbalt View Post
u cant exactly blame gm unless u purchaced the car brand new,for all u know it could have been like that when u bought it or it was just starting to wear and by the time u took it in it had just gotten worse and worse. so therfore u should blame the dealership u took it to and the 1 u bought it from (if for some reason they are not the same)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode