Door Handle Replacement - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 04:44 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Door Handle Replacement

Hi all - I have a 2007 Cobalt LTZ. My door handle was either tampered with or become victim to quite a bit of use. Either way, it needs replaced!

I'm a newb when it comes to car maintenance and repair, so I'm probably better off bringing it to someone with experience. However, I'm curious if replacing the handle is a fairly easy task? I'm assuming I would need to remove the door panel to do this?

Thanks for your advice!

Fraze
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Forum God

Garage
finally someone else who has an LTZ...lol...is it brokeN?

SOLD! 2.2 TURBOCHARGED. GT28 TURBO, 60# INJECTORS, WISECO PISTONS, EAGLE CONNECTING RODS, ZZP 3" DOWNPIPE, PACESETTER EXHAUST, K&N INTAKE, CUSTOM COLDSIDE PIPING, DEJON HOTSIDE PIPING, 2.4 INTAKE MANIFOLD,2.4 THROTTLE BODY, TRIFECTA TUNED.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 04:57 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Yeah... it's broken! :( I have to hold the piece where the key entry is in order to pull the handle to open the door. Otherwise, it would slide the whole handle unit out of the door!

I have no worries about buying the $15 part. My concern is paying $200 in labor to get it replaced (maybe an exaggeration), when it could possibly be easy to do myself???

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 05:43 AM
Forum God

Ive had my door panel off so many times and I cant remember if its easy to get to, but ive replaced them on customer cars and its easy just a few bolts and you have to detach the a few things but the hardest part will be getting to it. just pop your door panel off and look.

2006 Cobalt: Bolt On's
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Thanks for the response! I figured getting to it would be the hardest part, but I wasn't sure. I'll try popping off the door panel and taking a look. Keep in mind though, you're talking to someone who has never changed a car's oil
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 05:46 AM
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraze View Post
Thanks for the response! I figured getting to it would be the hardest part, but I wasn't sure. I'll try popping off the door panel and taking a look. Keep in mind though, you're talking to someone who has never changed a car's oil
Oh jeez! lol jk but just take your time.

2006 Cobalt: Bolt On's
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Newcomer

Bump as i also need to replace my door handle, fraze did you have any luck?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 06:12 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jsingskid57
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraze View Post
Hi all - I have a 2007 Cobalt LTZ. My door handle was either tampered with or become victim to quite a bit of use. Either way, it needs replaced!

I'm a newb when it comes to car maintenance and repair, so I'm probably better off bringing it to someone with experience. However, I'm curious if replacing the handle is a fairly easy task? I'm assuming I would need to remove the door panel to do this?

Thanks for your advice!

Fraze
i replaced my door handles with chrome ones, It didnt take too long at all, if you have to right tools. Im sure it shouldnt be too much in labor. hope it went well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode