AC Runs Hot at Stop Signs, but Not Low on R134 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

AC Runs Hot at Stop Signs, but Not Low on R134

My AC has started acting very strange. It works perfectly fine while running or idling in park but at stop sign or red light it blow hot air. The high side is at about 325 lbs. but fluctuates 5 to 10 lbs in both directions. The low side is steady at about 35 lbs. There is condensation around the dash vents and the drain keeps plugging and filling the passenger side floor board, I mean fill, I shop vac standing water out of it every day. I live in the South and the temp is around 90 to 100 every day already. Are these the signs of a bad expansion valve? If so, where is it and how do you change it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 03:58 AM
Forum Regular

Garage
I've been having a similar problem except for the drain part. I have found it helps some to have the recirculate button going with the a/c. Some of the others on here have suggested replacing the cabin air filter, especially if it has been more than a year. There is a good write-up in the DIY section if you need to check on the replacement procedure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode