Bucking but No Trouble Found - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Garage
Bucking but No Trouble Found

My wife's 08 Cobalt (2.4 manual EFI) experiences bucking. It usually happens out of the blue when fully warmed up and in any kind of driving (local or highway). It just starts bucking and you have to push the clutch and rev it so it will clear. The bucking is pretty hard.
No check engine codes. My mechanic has cleaned the throttle body, replaced fuel filter and air filter. I clean the throttle body also , about every 2 months. It isn't really dirty except for a little carbon as if it has backfired. This seems to diminish it for a while but never really goes away. Has anyone ever experienced this? Suggestions welcome. Thanks
- Len
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Garage
Nevermind. It coded later today with a MAF error. At least now I know what to tell the mechanic. I learned that you cannot use just any old carb cleaner though, it has to be non-chlorinated so that it does not damage some parts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 06:03 AM
Newcomer

I am experiencing the same problem with my 09 2.2 manual trans, but it only has 5k miles. It is driving me insane. It feels like there is a bad misfire, but I have yet to see a CEL or get a code. I check my MAF sensor and it is clean as it should be with such low mile, but I cleaned it with the proper cleaner anyway... still nothing. What did you end up having done to yours? Replace the sensor? I might just give it a shot if that worked for your car. I have had it at the dealer twice and they say they can't duplicate the problem so I am stuck trying to deal with it on my own. Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode