Electrical Issue - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Electrical Issue

Hey i have a cobalt lt and i have an electrical problem. I recently had bought the car and it had some problems and now i think i got it worse. It had two alarms installed but i didn't get controllers and i took them off and now my power windows don't work. And my previous issues were that the power outlets don't work nor the obd2 plug and trunk button? I need some help solving all these problems please! Greatly appreciated!
p.s. the alarm is a DEI Auto Mate 410
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 09:16 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerCobalt Master

there's probably a ton of wiring issues on your body control module. a lot of the wires are tapped directly below your fuse box underneath the passenger side kick panel. try and google some wiring instructions for the dei auto mate and reverse the installation. the best way to learn is to fix something that's broken. as for the power outlets and ob2 port, i am pretty sure the power to the ob2 port shares a common source with other accessories. just check the fuse box
for trunk/outlet
i bet that security system is interfering with everything
i think the ob2 circuit is emisn

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

thanks, but i worked on it today and i was able to rewire my windows the way it was previously done with the alarm; my windows worked fine but after a while they stopped working and they only work if i connect them on direct current. It caused other problems as well, those consist of my ac panel not working, only the blower works but not cold!?:( and as well the little panel where the information button and return ones are by the window wiper switch. The window wiper switch doesn't work either now. Any help please??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode