Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpms

16K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  DTO 
#1 ·
I have a 2009 cobalt. I need to reset the TPMS. I hold down the info and reset buttons on the steering wheel and it lets me enter into the next step. I then scroll thru until TIRE LEARN? appears. I am then suppose to push the reset button and it is suppose to go to TIRE LEARN ON and then i could continue but it doesn't, it just stays at TIRE LEARN? Am I doing something wrong. I know that the reset button works because it lets me change other things......any hints please???

#6 ·
i believe but could be wrong but when you go to tire learn you press only reset until the horn sounds then you look to see what tire by what direction is on i believe it starts at the driver front then passenger front then rear passenger and finally driver rear

#7 ·
yep, horn chirps. then go to left front, right front, right rear, left rear and then right rear. horn will chirp each time a tpm is learned. and twice after the last tire.

#8 ·
But my problem is that I only can get to TIRE LEARN? I want to say yes and then it should go to TIRE LEARN OK... then the horn will chirp. I press the reset to say yes but nothing happens...almost like the button doesn't work but I know it does...Maybe pushing the wrong button???

#10 ·
yep, that's what you are doing wrong. you have to hold the button down until you hear the horn chirp twice. I just did this tonight. then let air out until you hear the horn chirp at each wheel.

#14 ·
hmmm.....you're screwed man lol

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

wait, does your horn even work? lol

#15 ·
Yes I do think i'm screwed, I can't believe no one else has had this problem...so far the answers i have gotten, i already been there...no one has ever gotten to TIRE LEARN? and couldn't go any further????maybe the right guy hasn't seen this yet....

#16 ·
when you get to tire learn did you hold the reset buttom? try holding it until the horn beeps and then try press it for like 2 seconds then let go ill do it tomorrow and double check the procedure but you should be able to do it if you follow the directions XFE posted above^^^^

#20 ·
Cobalt cruise control

Ok... installed the cruise switches on my 09 cobalt steering wheel alone with the wires. Brought it to the chevy dealer and he went through all the steps to turn on the cruise...doesn't work. By the way pin 61 is populates as I was told to check before. He doesn't know why it won't work. Am I missing any parts that I still need to install???any ideas....sure would appriciate any help...Thanks ,Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.