Door Ajar at Random?! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Garage
Exclamation Door Ajar at Random?!

I just got my car back today from a previous accident and now my door ajar light comes on and the dome light comes on. The body shop guarantees their work so I can take it back but they are only open till 12 tomorrow. The light comes on depending on where weight is shifted in the car (weird, I know). Is there a temporary fix to this so I dont have to hear the annoying noise come on? Or perhaps someone knows how to fix this immediately?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox55 View Post
I just got my car back today from a previous accident and now my door ajar light comes on and the dome light comes on. The body shop guarantees their work so I can take it back but they are only open till 12 tomorrow. The light comes on depending on where weight is shifted in the car (weird, I know). Is there a temporary fix to this so I dont have to hear the annoying noise come on? Or perhaps someone knows how to fix this immediately?
theres a little sensor by the door hinge just find a way to have it constantly pushed down should fix ur issue UNLESS you have a wiring problem

weapon R secret air intake (SRI), pacesetter exhaust manifold, pacesetter high flow cat, pacesetter catback exhaust. more to come

2 mtx jackhammer 12 comp series, 1200 watt mtx self cooling comp amp
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Garage
where exactly is this door hinge?

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

*where at by the door hinge

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

@night throne. I figured out the problem. The sensor from the new fender apparently isn't pushed out far out enough. I took care of it by applying a generous amount of tape on the pad that presses the sensor down. Thanks a lot for the help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
accident , ajar , door

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode