Sea Foam - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
That's Mr. meogE to you.
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Sea Foam

So I was at Advanced Auto Parts the other day picking up some stuff for my fiancÚ's neon and they offered me some Sea Foam and I quickly declined. Last night at work I was curious so I looked it up and decided I would try it, I put it in my oil and in my fuel but I was curious. On the can it says you can put it directly in the engine thought the manifold and such. So is that bad for it at all, does it really clean it out, and if I should do it, what should I use? the brake boost line?

2006 Red Chevy Cobalt LT
mods: Kenwood DNX5140 Head Unit, HIDs, Halo headlights, LED taillights, Injen CAI, LSJ throttle body, 2.4L intake manifold, red interior LED's, TWM short shifter, custom fit red seat covers, red trim and door handles, SS gauge cluster, Racing Solution long tube header/downpipe, Corsa touring exhaust, lightweight crank and alternator pulleys, trifecta tune, 17" Motegi black rims
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 07:32 PM
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to LSlowBalt
Good luck with that my brother used it and chunks of carbon got into everything.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
That's Mr. meogE to you.

Garage
bump

2006 Red Chevy Cobalt LT
mods: Kenwood DNX5140 Head Unit, HIDs, Halo headlights, LED taillights, Injen CAI, LSJ throttle body, 2.4L intake manifold, red interior LED's, TWM short shifter, custom fit red seat covers, red trim and door handles, SS gauge cluster, Racing Solution long tube header/downpipe, Corsa touring exhaust, lightweight crank and alternator pulleys, trifecta tune, 17" Motegi black rims

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 07:58 PM
I cut stuff

Garage
I use seafoam in the gas tank to keep gas fresh if it will be sitting around for a month or more.

I like to call it "miracle in a can"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Say What again!

Garage
Seafoam is incredible.

When you put it in the intake side of things and follow the instructions (pour it slowly, until you have the last bit, then dump it in and stall the car, wait at least 20 min, then fire her up and take a drive) it blows so much smoke out it's awesome. And it really helps the car out.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 01:36 AM
Forum Regular

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Wehrwolf
seafoam is awesome stuff clears out all the junk out of your car. when u go to put it in through the booster hose have some one in the car holding it at 3k rpm and pour about half the can into a cup and have the hose a barely touching the liquid and slowly let it suck it in or it will stall it, you will see huge cloud of smoke coming out of the exhaust and thats normal after its all in let the car run until the smoke stops then shut it off and pour the other half into your gas tank. unless you have a ton of miles you won't see much gains in mpg but using it in an older vehicle you see a nice increase. used to run it in the old jeep I had after the first time i went from 13mpg to 16mpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode