HVAC Fan Speed Knob. - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

HVAC Fan Speed Knob.

I have a 2007 Cobalt LT Coupe.

A while back just in time for the arrival of winter some wonderfully considerate gentleman parked his truck about 3 inches from my drivers side door whilst at the hardware store.

So I ended up climbing in through the passenger side and accidentally putting my steel toed boot into the fan speed control knob in the process.

The plastic knob was damaged at the point which it mates to the shaft, turning it into a worthless plastic trinket.

The fan still works fine, and can be adjusted with a pair of pliers and a very fine touch (but obviously this is unsafe and promises to damage the shaft eventually)

So my main question is are the knobs available as a separate part and if not what is the process for removing/installing one from say an auto wrecker without damaging itself or the HVAC controls in the process? I'm hopeful that the problem can be fixed without ordering the whole thing and having to spend a lot of garage time for significantly more money than the knob itself is worth.

I'm also curious what range of year/models share a common controller/fan speed knob in order to hunt one down.

Last edited by unillenium; 09-22-2010 at 09:36 AM. Reason: i speel gud ya?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode