TPMS and Oil Life Problem - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
TPMS and Oil Life Problem

Is there anyway to disable the warnings on the little screen where all it shows is the temperture and the milage? I have the warnings for the oil life and the svc tpms sensor come on and i can't reset it because i can't get my car into learn mode.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Veteran

Garage
nope, search this its been asked b4.....not trying to be a ****....

Mods:
Aeroforce Interceptor gauge, Eibach Sportlines, De-badged, 140 mph White Face Gauge Cluster, Silver Star Ultra Headlights, Injen CAI, CF Dash Trim, 5 Spoke Rims, Eibach 25mm Rear Sway bar, SS Upper Grille, Painted Black Bowtie, DC Sports Carbon Strut Bar, Injen Hydro-shield, Emergency Brake Boot, Blue Powdercoated Valve Cover, Black Dash & Center Council, Tsudo Catback, ZZP Downpipe.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Forum Regular

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotToHell View Post
Is there anyway to disable the warnings on the little screen where all it shows is the temperture and the milage? I have the warnings for the oil life and the svc tpms sensor come on and i can't reset it because i can't get my car into learn mode.
While the car is parked, push the "info" and "accept" (enter) buttons at the same time, it should then bring up another menu, from there you can go to your Oil Life Reset, push and hold the "accept" button and it should reset itself. As for your TPMS, i'd bring it on to a tire shop, they can have it done in under 5 minutes

Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD, you always want to hit it but are afraid of the consequences

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 05:04 AM
Contributor

You have to be parked but the engine should not be running. I believe you need to put it on accessory but not started. Look it your manual. It tells you exactly what you need to do. The TPMS is also easy to assign tires to. You just put you car again in park and turn the key to accessory and press two buttons on your key fob at the same time. I can't remember which ones but it is the manual. The horn will honk twice and then started with drivers side front, you let air out of the tire until the horn honks again. Then you go to the other front tire and repeat the procedure. Next is the passenger side rear and then the drivers side rear. After your done I think it honks twice and leaves that mode. Then just pump you tires up to at least 30 psi and your good to go.

If your TPMS warnings are coming on you have low tire pressure. The only way to get rid of that is to inflate the tire to the proper pressure.

There may be some variations in other models but that is the way it works on my 2010. It's all in the manual.

Shorty Antenna, Painted Calipers, SAI K&N Intake, B&G Lowering Springs, FE5 Shocks and Struts, Moog End Links, Moog Tie Rod Ends, Polk Audio DXi650 Speakers - front and back.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
I looked in the manual and it tells me to use the key fob which i don't have because my car doesn't have automatic locks. And when i got my rims put on they said i was missing one of the sensors so they put it on and said they reset the light but it was still on, and when i took it back none of them could figure out how to get it to go off. And i tried reseting the oil life and it said oil life reset but its still at 0%, so is there something i'm doing wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode