P0833 cel - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Send a message via AIM to G5Steven
P0833 cel

Okay, so long story short without going into detail, The car has been acting a little weird from day one, If I put it in 1st or R from a stop it will (once in a blue moon) blip the throttle so hard that the speedo blips to about 25, then back down, and I'm not on the gas at all, it is as the shifter is being pushed into 1st or R with the clutch in...

Now on to yesterday. After three and a half years of driving it and the car doing this ever now and then, its been getting worse, and then I get a CEL on the way to work, so I swing into Autozone, have the code read and get a P0833 code which is Clutch Pedal Switch 2 Circuit.

and the explanation autozone's comp gave was "The ECM detected that the vehicle speed was greater than 24mph and then to 0mph without a clutch switch transition" WTF does that mean I dunno, but the probable causes are as follows

1) open or short circuit condition
2)Poor electrical connection
3)Faulty Clutch Pedal Switch

Now I'm going to be swinging by the dealership that I've told about this problem for the longest time, and I'm going to let them know that I thought it was something with the clutch switch back when I had the bumper to bumper warranty, and now that I have the proof something is wrong, I want it fixed under warranty, since no parts shop other than the dealer carries this part!!!

If they refuse I will have GM's customer service number ready to dial on my phone, have them look up my records and then tell them it should have been taken care of way back then, but I kept being brushed off. I want this fixed or I'll call the news. (that line always works with getting the dealer to do shit that NEEDS to be done that isn't MINE OR ANYONE'S fault except the service department's lazy techs that just say, eh, can't duplicate) maybe they can't duplicate it because it was just sitting in the bay all day.

So, question if I can't get them to fix it....

What else could throw this code?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Forum God

That's without going unto detail? Lol

Dropped Carbon Fiber SS, Project JDM

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailcesar75 View Post
That's without going unto detail? Lol
I know right, I got carried away I guess with my rant. I just can't believe that with only 8,xxx miles left on my power train warranty, that sensors are starting to fail, and not a one is covered!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
What a pain in the friggen a** it was getting the switch changed, I spent two hours trying to figure out a way to get to it since I didn't have the tool to disconnect the clutch pedal from the rod that goes into the firewall. I ended up just pulling my bottom dash part off, putting my hand up in the dash and just forcing the switch out... came out easier than I thought it would. No issues after that, now I could do it in five min flat now... Can't get pics because of how tight everything is. Oh, if anyone else has to change their CPPS out, be careful of all the metal, it is razor sharp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode