Engine Performance Help!!!!!!!!!!!! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Garage
Engine Performance Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I'm new, And have had my cobalt LS for about a year now, my car 2 days ago started jerking and surging and then ENG PER REDUCED showed on the DIC, and then my CEL came on. I took my car to autozone to get the codes read, it was P0101, P0068, P0842, and P0717. P0068 is throttle body airflow performance, and P0101 is mass air flow or volume problem. both my MAP & MAF sensors were replaced about 6 months ago along with my fuel cap, Im trying to figure this out as I need my car running again as its my only car. any one else ever have this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Send a message via AIM to parise9 Send a message via MSN to parise9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizKit View Post
Hi, I'm new, And have had my cobalt LS for about a year now, my car 2 days ago started jerking and surging and then ENG PER REDUCED showed on the DIC, and then my CEL came on. I took my car to autozone to get the codes read, it was P0101, P0068, P0842, and P0717. P0068 is throttle body airflow performance, and P0101 is mass air flow or volume problem. both my MAP & MAF sensors were replaced about 6 months ago along with my fuel cap, Im trying to figure this out as I need my car running again as its my only car. any one else ever have this problem?
is it intermittent or is it constant?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Garage
the surging? pretty regular, but this morning it will start run pretty normal for about 3 seconds, and then rpms drop to about 300 to were it is just barely staying running, and when i press on the gas nothing happens

Last edited by BizKit; 10-24-2010 at 07:34 AM.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 09:20 AM
Forum Regular

Garage
Send a message via AIM to parise9 Send a message via MSN to parise9
sounds like the sensors are connected poorly. i don't have such an extreme case, but my MAF has poor connection at the moment and it intermittently has acceleration (and boost) issues. if the sensors you replaced have bad connections, then that would probably shut down your car for the most part like you describe after you start it. I think all our cars do a self check, which would explain why you get a few seconds of normality, then the tests fail and your car goes into this dead mode you are talking about. that's my take on it. couldn't hurt to check the fuses for the fuel pump and anything else you may think it's related to.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Veteran

Garage
Send a message via MSN to ndbalt07 Send a message via Skype™ to ndbalt07
how many miles on it? is the throttle body really dirty?

07' LS 5 spd, bullseye S256 @ 17 psi wut?!, E85!!!, wiseco 8.9:1 pistons, eagle rods, spec stage 3 clutch, TTR motor and tranny mounts, ARK sts, Magnaflow catback, tinted windows, B&G coilovers w/ adjustable camber plates, front bowtie painted black, and ETX ME-2 rims wrapped in 235/40/18 Nitto invos.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Garage
118000, yeah my tb was pretty dirty, i cleaned it up today but now my batt is dead so i need to charge it
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Expert

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Eyesore
hope u get it working good again, and thanks for reminding to get mine cleaned...need to clean it before the snow flies so I can burn up the snow with my tires

Magnaflow Catback, Jet Performance Chip, B&M Shift+, 8000k bi-xenon H.I.Ds, and more
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Garage
Lol, I got it running again, I had a faulty intake manifold gasket and replaced the fuel filter just in case, seem to be working fine now, CEL is still on though....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
you could probably just clear the code at an autozone

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode