List of Issues with 2010 Balt 2lt - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

List of Issues with 2010 Balt 2lt

i recently bought a 2010 2lt coupe with 14,500 miles on it. when i first got it the grille was missing but it was pictured in the online pics of it. so they dealer installed a new grille and said it must have gotten stolen. so they let me drive a sedan lt. the sedan lt ran smooth and didnt make any noises or any issues. since ive had my car for about a week, there are a couple issues/concerns with it

i noticed that many GM cars have a flat piece of plastic under the front behind the bumper, i was told this was direct the air to cool off the car, my car is a 2lt and i dont see a piece like that on it. the sedan i was loaned had one. i wasnt sure if it came with one from the factory or not. the concern is about cooling,because i was driving back getting an alignment and after about 2 mins of cruising on the highway at speeds of up to 40 and a few red lights, the coolant temp started climbing high, it got to 217.the temp outside was about 60. i called the dealer and they said this is fine. seems a bit high to me.

i also hear a slight hissing noise on the right side of the car when i apply the gas, when i put cruise on i dont hear it, only when accelerating i hear a slight low hissing sound, i didnt hear this on the sedan so im concerned.

i got an alignment done the other day(the same day the coolant temp was high) and the place said i should bring it by the dealer and have them replace the brake hoses. i thought it was normal for a car to pull to the left or right when braking and the tires tracking on an uneven road. i was thinking it could be since the car comes with 17s stock? is this normal?

i know this is long and maybe im nit picking but i wont be comfortable till i fix these things
-thanks

Last edited by dtowngreg; 11-16-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

? wow 23 views and no feedback
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 06:32 AM
Contributor

tht sounds screwed up,alot of tht sounds like they just gave you a bad deal,and im pretty sure the biggist wheel sizes tht come on cobalts are 16s

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 06:46 AM
Expert

Garage
this is ridiculous. the 2nd complaint thread in a week. No offense to u dtowngreg, i just think its messed up. i would be just as concerned as you are.

Sig by Padlock
Showoff thread
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 06:58 AM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Oldkid
My 2010 Cobalt coupe also has 17 inch Pirelli tires but they run true. Also my coolent temp is displayed as 187 degrees, so if your car is running that hot something is wrong.Not sure about the hissing noise, sounds like it might be a vacuum leak.
Make sure the air pressure is correct, and the cooling system is full. My car does not have anything sticking down to direct air into the radiator. I've seen that on older cars like my 92 Camero that I once owned. Don't worry about that, it's not needed but your other issues need to be corected.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 06:58 AM
Contributor

hes not exactly complaining,hes wondering if things on his car should be the way they are cause they wernt like that way when he was loaned a sedan. but it does sound like he pretty much got ripped off. but if i were you id actually think about taking it to another chevy dealer,gettin everything checked out,getting a estimated price to fix everything and then take it to the dealer that sold th car and make them fix it all and if they dont u could be lookin to sue or somtin
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtowngreg View Post
i noticed that many GM cars have a flat piece of plastic under the front behind the bumper, i was told this was direct the air to cool off the car, my car is a 2lt and i dont see a piece like that on it. the sedan i was loaned had one. i wasnt sure if it came with one from the factory or not. the concern is about cooling,because i was driving back getting an alignment and after about 2 mins of cruising on the highway at speeds of up to 40 and a few red lights, the coolant temp started climbing high, it got to 217.the temp outside was about 60. i called the dealer and they said this is fine. seems a bit high to me.
It's called an air dam, and yeah, your car should have had one. It may have been knocked off by running up on a curb, or removed by a dumb dumb. I would replace it, as your temp does seem a little high for it only being 60 degrees outside.

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Forum Regular

Garage
That sucks man. I seem to have a hissing noise myself, but it's not always hissing... I can't figure out where it's coming from either, it's the phantom hiss! Hope you get all your stuff sorted.

Thanks GBALT05 for the sig!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Cobalt Master

Garage
Send a message via AIM to bbrewbaker
With the air dam missing and the car pulling it sounds like it might have been wreaked.
Did anything show up on the car fax report?
The 17 inch wheels will not cause the car to pull to side.
Also check you tire pressures. If one side is low that till cause it to pull.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Cobalt Master

Garage
i have had temps up to 205 with my 2.2.. and it was around the same temp outside.. i was in traffic on and off so i take it that was the reason. normally im around 180-ish degrees

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode