Trunk Ajar Message - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Red face Trunk Ajar Message

Since Friday 11/26/10 when ever I start my car, on the DIC I get the Trunk Ajar message, the first time I got it, I went back and checked my trunk and it was closed and secure, I even got back in the car and pushed the button to open the trunk, it opened like normal. However the Trunk Ajar message stayed, now every time I start the car I'm getting the Trunk Ajar message and the trunk is secure and closed. My car is out of warranty, I have an extended warranty but don't wan to pay the $200 Deductible to have it looked at if it is something I could easily fix. Anyone heard of this problem before or have any suggestions, I thought about disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes to see if that fixed the problem but when we did that on my uncle's Silverado it seemed to lock his radio.. anyone have any thoughts.. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Forum Regular

imo find the pressure switch it uses to tell if the trunk is open or not if u press to down and u still get the message id look into ordering a new or just dealing with it.

weapon R secret air intake (SRI), pacesetter exhaust manifold, pacesetter high flow cat, pacesetter catback exhaust. more to come

2 mtx jackhammer 12 comp series, 1200 watt mtx self cooling comp amp
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 06:48 PM
I cut stuff
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
the switch is in the latch. maybe something went wrong with the latch or if there is a wire going to the latch. I've never had that apart. but I do know the switch is in the latch somewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode