Battery Possibly Dead + Noisy Fuse... - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Battery Possibly Dead + Noisy Fuse...

So, my baby had been running completely fine until I got out of work today. I try and start the car and she's just making this clicking noise. So I figure my battery is dead and I get a jump real quick.

I jump the car and it starts up and runs, but the problem is that I definately died five to six times on the way home, which was only 3-4 miles away. It seem that she would die when I come to a complete stop.

ANYWAY, enough of the rambling. I pop the hood and there's a noise coming from one of the fuses. According the to the diagram of the fuse box its the fuse for my powertrain? Note: That when I pulled out the fuse it stopped making the noise but my car wouldn't start and just click. So obviously I need a new fuse.

This whole "just getting out of work and my car not starting" has happened once before and a friend told me that my battery had enough charge to run the lights and ac/heat but not enough to start the car. I was baffled why everything would work but my car wouldn't start, so he cleared that up for me.

My main question is what the eff is that noise coming from that one fuse, and second.. do I need a new battery? She has 60,000 miles on her and has died 20+ times.. (being totally drained and having to jump)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 07:44 AM
Yay go me
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

my battery has been doing that a couple of time when it got cold out lights would be on but wouldnt start so i jumped it. then the one time it was just dead. so i unpluged my amp and now it starts but it has a little bit of trouble i need a new battery i would say change the fuse and the battery

My sig thanks to Gcobalt
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
replace the fuse and battery, lots of times in the cold a battery will have power for the lights and stuff but not enough cold cranking amps to start the car

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Well, I replaced the battery and it was a relay so excuse me. I replaced the relay also and it still buzzes!! My car started for a couple of days and worked totally fine. Then yesterday all of a sudden it wouldn't turn on and the relayed started buzzing again. So now its at the dealership (-.-) Of course I call them, and they tell me they've been looking for an hour and a half and haven't found anything. I swear I have the cheekest dealership ever, and will suck every penny out of you as possible!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWyn View Post
Well, I replaced the battery and it was a relay so excuse me. I replaced the relay also and it still buzzes!! My car started for a couple of days and worked totally fine. Then yesterday all of a sudden it wouldn't turn on and the relayed started buzzing again. So now its at the dealership (-.-) Of course I call them, and they tell me they've been looking for an hour and a half and haven't found anything. I swear I have the cheekest dealership ever, and will suck every penny out of you as possible!!
I'm wondering if you replaced the bad relay with another bad relay? That happened to me on a part I replaced once, can't remember what it was, but it really through me for a loop figuring that one out.

Shorty Antenna, Painted Calipers, SAI K&N Intake, B&G Lowering Springs, FE5 Shocks and Struts, Moog End Links, Moog Tie Rod Ends, Polk Audio DXi650 Speakers - front and back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode