Electrical Issue - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Electrical Issue

I have a 2006 Cobalt and it keeps blowing 2 separate fuses. First fuse to blow was the Climate Control System, Cluster Fuse #16 in the passenger side kick panel. Second fuse to blow was the Park Neutral fuse in the fuse box under the hood. I had been driving the car around and the # 16 fuse kept blowing out then one day I got into the car and the car would not start not even with a jump. I had it towed to my house and a friend found that the park/Neutral fuse blew but the car still would not start. I had it towed to the Chevy Dealership. $236.00 late they say it was the park/neutral switch was blown and that a relay was not in correctly. I pick it up and drive it around for about a week and the same thing happens both fuses blow. They #16 fuse blows more frequently than the park/Neutral fuse. I take it back to Chevy and they tell me they really can't isolate the issue but most likely the Underhood fusebox needs to be replaced which is going to cost about $600.00. Has anyone had a similar issue? It obviously has to be some electrical issue but kinda baffled why the dealership can't give me a exact reason as to why the car keeps blowing those two fuses. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 05:35 AM
Contributor

Sounds like you have a short in your system somewhere. I would take it to an electrical place instead of the dealership. Just Google auto electric repair in your area and see what comes up. Someone that specializes in elcetrical issues could do a better job of trouble shooting.

Shorty Antenna, Painted Calipers, SAI K&N Intake, B&G Lowering Springs, FE5 Shocks and Struts, Moog End Links, Moog Tie Rod Ends, Polk Audio DXi650 Speakers - front and back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode