Engine Not Heating Up Right - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Engine Not Heating Up Right

i have a 2010 coupe lt, i am not sure if this is a problem or if it is just the balt. but when i warm up my car in the morning it will only heat up to 144 degrees and when i am driving it goes to 180-190. And the heat isn't warm until like 160 or 170. then if i park and leave it idleing because i am sitting in it the temp drops back to 144 and the heat gets cold again. also my car takes like 10 or 15 min of driving to warm up. i was hoping to find out if this is just the balt or if there is something wrong.

drive it like you stole it!

Sig thanks to padlock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Maybe your thermostat is sticking.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
thats what i thought but i wanted to make sure there was actually a problem and not just the car, and about the seats money fell through so i wont be able to get them sorry dude

drive it like you stole it!

Sig thanks to padlock

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Newcomer

Definitely sounds like your thermostat is stuck open, and make sure the cap on the resevoir is tight and the rubber gasket in there is good.

2007 SS/SC

TVS w/ 2.9", E-85, 80# inj., 3" CAI w/ K&N, ZZP Mid-Length Header, 3" DP w/ High-Flow Magnaflow Cat, 3" Cat-Back w/ Magnaflow, OTTP H/E In-Line w/stock, Option B, NGK One Step Colder Plugs, TTR Engine Mount

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode