Mystery Water Leak - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Cool Mystery Water Leak

Greetings all!

My car has an interesting leak and I figured before I start tearing everything apart I figured I'd float it to you guys...

That coin holder on the left side of the steering wheel keeps ending up with a puddle of water in it. The first time it happened I thought that the high winds and heavy rain were to blame since it rains here often and I don't usually have a problem with water. But again last week after snow melt it was there again.

In addition my car has decided to stop recognizing when my driver side door is open, my thought is that these are probably connected problems.

I feel that it is probably the seal around my windshield leaking but before I took unnecessary steps to have something repaired that wasn't broke, I'd see if any of you had similiar issues.

UGH! I love this car but it has been more problems than I thought I was signing up for. Any help you guys can provide would be great!

Thanks!
Jessie

"I am not a person who thinks the world would be entirely different if it were run by women. If you think that, you've forgotten what high school was like." -- Madeline Albright
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 09:09 AM
Veteran

Garage
Send a message via AIM to G5Steven
do you have a Sunroof?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

no sun roof.

"I am not a person who thinks the world would be entirely different if it were run by women. If you think that, you've forgotten what high school was like." -- Madeline Albright

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBeaconGrl View Post
...That coin holder on the left side of the steering wheel...
There's a coin holder on the left side of the steering wheel? I never knew that. I think mine's under my center console/armrest. I'll have to look the next time I'm in my car.

My guess would've been sunroof related too. Sorry I'm no help.

'08 LT Sport Coupe
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 06:34 AM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Oldkid
I guess you are refering to the left side storage bin where the trunk release button is located. I do have a sunroof but have never had any leaks. What I would try to do is determain when the water gets in such as.... Do you leave your car outside and is it rain related? If not rain related, does it seem to occur after AC use. The AC will condense water that should drain to the ground, but your drain could be stopped up and allow water to go elsewhere. And I guess it's possible that you could have a leak around the window or door and water get there, but that sounds unlikely to me.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Newcomer

i have the same problem just started the other day, not sure where the water is coming from?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode