Pulley wobble!!!!!!! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

Pulley wobble!!!!!!!

Hey guys , My 05 cobalt LS is making noise under the hood ! I poped the hood and was checking out the belt out because I figured it was the source of the noise because the car has 161,000 and never even had a tune-up!! I looked at the belt with the car running expecting a bad tension pulley making noise or something and it turns out the bottom pulley towards the firewall has a bad wobble going on! Im pissed , I think its the crankshaft pulley but not 100% sure if thats the one. any help or info on replacement or some advice would be greatly appreciated . THANKS IN ADVANCE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Prospect

bump!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Contributor

if its never had a tune up then u definetly should go get new belts/tensioner/spark plugs,ect. belts are supposed to be replaced at 100,000 and tensioners are also a good thing to do when u do the belts. but if any pully wobble or sound is coming from that the first thing i would check is the tensioner because its prolly really worn out after 161,000 miles and could be replaced,and of course belts would be a great idea too at that mileage

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

hey thanks for the reply , I put a new belt on , new plugs , air filter ect. didnt replace tensiors yet but its on my list of things to do along with the harmonic balancer. Im pretty sure thats where the wobble is at . rubber inside it must b toast . I have been running it tho ..I'm poor at the moment
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 05:32 AM
Forum God

yeah you definitely want to check this out before you damage anything else on the engine. It may cost to do it now, but if you don't fix it, you will be paying much more later. Part of the investment of owning a car, especially at that kind of mileage.

BboyTaktix
- 2011 Plasma Blue pearl WRX STI sedan
- SOLD -S256 TURBO 2.2 -SS/TC body, SS/Tc shocks/struts, B&G springs, 17"mags, TRS FX-R retrofits (50W/6000k)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode