Power Lock Button and Info Button for DIC - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

Power Lock Button and Info Button for DIC

Hey Guys,

I just bought my 2007 Cobalt LT on Saturday from a liscensed used car dealership, When I did my inspection I must have overlooked some buttons on the car it self

the driver side power lock button doesnt work sometimes or I have to hold it really hard to get it to work, also I'm noticing the info button on the steering wheel. I have to click it like 1000 times to get it to finally respond then it works normally after that.

Any idea what these 2 things could be?

Any help would be appreciated, as the dealer I got it from is 200 km away and dont feel like driving back unless I absoultly have too.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

So should I just buy some new buttons or something?

Any help would be nice
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Contributor

Garage
theres a quick fix for the buttons in your key fob just search "key fob fix/issue" in the search bar.

I had the same problem with my cars console buttons, but mine were the back windows. you just have to get used to using the buttons every day so they stay less "sticky". lol When you use the buttons everyday they seem to limber up.hahaha

if that doesnt help you the next option is going to the dealership and telling the its working intermittently, and if its under warranty theyll replace it for you or frees. hope this helps.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Prospect

Ya it's not the FOB I know about that, its the buttons themselves... I rather do it my self than take it all the way back to which is 200 km away... I'm going to scurry online for something
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Forum Regular

Try getting a new lock button. They're about $15 through a dealer. I had some problems with mine a while back similar to what you're going through plus it would lock and unlock itself while sitting parked or driving, and the new lock switch corrected both issues. (And only took about 10 minutes max for my hubby to switch out, and that was with him being a little unsure of how to get to it.) Not sure about the button for the DIC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode