P2004 Code... Help a Poor Girl Out :-) - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

P2440 Code... Help a Poor Girl Out :-)

Check engine light on... threw a p2440 code. Full disclosure, I'm a semi-mechanically inclined girl with a semblance of knowledge. It said it's a secondary air injection valve stuck... I'm sure I could fix it, I just don't know where the thing is. Any directions would be very helpful.

-Emily

Last edited by lonigeek; 05-22-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 09:50 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum Regular

Garage
Are either of these helpful? I would guess it would be on the SAI tube, but I don't know for sure.

Chevrolet Cobalt LT I have a 2006 cobalt with a 2.2 engine. - JustAnswer

i have a 2007 chevy cobalt, i am just past my 3 year warranty - JustAnswer

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

No, I need a magic schematic or something of that ilk. Is there a website somewhere far down in the interwebs that has something like that?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 10:24 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum Regular

Garage
Well mine is an older one, but here is from the Haynes Manual for 2007...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynes Manual - General Motors Chevrolet Cobalt and Pontiac G5 2005-2007 - All models
Chapter 6-18 Emissions and engine control systems - Secondary Air Injection (AIR) system - general information
Extra reduction of emissions during cold starts is assisted by the Secondary Air Injection system, which consists of an AIR pump that conducts fresh air into the exhaust manifold when the PCM initiates operation of the AIR pump relay and AIR shut-off valve relay. The shut-off valve is part of an assembly that includes a system pressure sensor. Pipes bring filtered air from the engine's air filter housing to the pump, which is mounted to the right of the starter on the front of the engine, and from there to the shut-off/pressure-sensor assembly, which is mounted on the exhaust manifold. Beyond a visual inspection of the hose connections and simple circuit checks of the connectors in the AIR system, checking the AIR system is best performed with a scan tool. The AIR solenoid/shut-off/pressure-sensor must be replaced as an assembly only.
It has two pictures, but does not reveal much. The SAI hose from the factory air intake should lead you straight to it, however, behind the engine, along the firewall, on top of the exhaust manifold. Sorry I can't be of more help...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode