Passenger Seat Seems to Be Busted... - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Passenger Seat Seems to Be Busted...

Basically, my passengers seat won't slide back or forth as it should. Its stuck all the way back as far as it will go. The little lever at the front bottom won't lift up either. My dad figures it came off track or some bolt is busted, but we don't know for sure. Plan is to take the seat right out and see how it looks from there.

Anyways, is there any guide or something kicking around by chance on how to remove that damn thing, or maybe if anyone has had a similar problem like this? Any input would definitely be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 07:57 PM
hawaii icon
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
When I have some time il see if there's anything in my chiltons manual about removing the seat. It should just be held in by a couple bolts tho.

Aspire to Inspire the Aspirations of the Inspirational
www.facebook.com/islandecotecs
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Managed to get it out and find out whats wrong. Basically under the seat where the lever attaches to the track it slides on, theres 2 little bolts/screws that allow it to like, pivot and pull it off the track so it can slide back and forth. One of the bolts is supposed to sit in there tightly, but on mine it isn't and it fell out. The bolts kinda warped and worn out, so it looks like thats the problem. If I put it back in the hole, it'll stay for a bit, but just come out quickly over time. Now its a matter of trying to figure out how to solve that problem...

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Newcomer

Had the same problem with my driver seat , it came off the track and would only stay in one spot all the way back , i just took it out and put it back on the tracks, alot of times its the bolts that can cause this problem
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Forum Regular

Any chance of posting a picture of the bolt? I have a 2006 Sedan and every now and then I find a bolt on the floorboard by the back seats. I think I have found 3 so far and never had any idea where they came from and my seats still slide back and forth.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Forum Regular

My seats are not busted but they came from the factory with no gap between the seat and the console so movement back and forth is a pain in the ass, its caused my bottom seat to seperate from the upper part, I can stick my hand down through, I don't know if something like this would be a warranty claim worthy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread