Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerVeteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Masterz
Fuse Problem!

Hi!

So yesterday I forgot my iPod in my car going to work and it has been charging for the whole time(about 6h30), I don't know why the car power didn't turned off when I opened the door but anyway.

Now my speedo numbers(20,40,60 etc) and Rpm numbers on my dash, console lights for button (RRW, Defog, etc) and parking lights don't work.

It smelled shit so I said well I burnt a fuse so today I decided to look at this and I found the burnt fuse. It's the 15a PRK Lamp. I changed it against another 15a fuse in the space fuse lot and everything worked fine.... for 15 sec.

Guess what? The new fuse burnt also! So I guess that anytime I'll put a new fuse it will burn. I checked every single other fuse if another was burnt and it was the only one. I went at the garage where I bought my car and his mec isn't there for a week and I don't want to go to GM as it will gost me 250$ of labor. So can anyone help me out??

Vehicule:
Cobalt LT 2 Door 2007

Thanks for all the answer!

My car showoff
Want nice deal on Aftermarket parts? Pm me for price from my sponsor!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Forum Regular

I don't think the iIpod is/was the problem, I keep my Iphone plugged in while I'm at work, ( I work 12 hour days) and have not had any problem, no battery drain, no blown fuses. It might just be a coincident that your fuse blew when your Ipod was plugged in.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
I don't think the iIpod is/was the problem, I keep my Iphone plugged in while I'm at work, ( I work 12 hour days) and have not had any problem, no battery drain, no blown fuses. It might just be a coincident that your fuse blew when your Ipod was plugged in.
Maybe, but now the car won't start... FML.

My car showoff

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 06:29 AM Thread Starter

BUMP!

Here's a video, a think I activated the anti-theft but I don't know how the f*** I activated it and how the f*** to desactivate it... Someone help me out please!!!

My car showoff
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Contributor

Garage
Maybe try removing the negative connection on your battery and leaving it for ten mins then trying. No idea if that would work, but that's what i would try.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimzim View Post
Maybe try removing the negative connection on your battery and leaving it for ten mins then trying. No idea if that would work, but that's what i would try.
Well I towed it this afternoon, thanks anyway. My car is still under dealer warranty so I think the best thing to do is to put it on their hand, not mine.

My car showoff
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 04:55 AM
Forum Regular

Garage
If you have second set of keys, try to use that one and see if it still does it. Good idea to get it serviced and looked at. I had that happen to my wife's Kia Optima. Used the second set and it worked fine. Oddly enough, our keys do not have a chip build in (at least not the 2006), so that shouldn't have tripped it (unless your key is so work that it thought it was not the original key).
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsurfing View Post
If you have second set of keys, try to use that one and see if it still does it. Good idea to get it serviced and looked at. I had that happen to my wife's Kia Optima. Used the second set and it worked fine. Oddly enough, our keys do not have a chip build in (at least not the 2006), so that shouldn't have tripped it (unless your key is so work that it thought it was not the original key).
I've heard about this somewhere. The car would not recognize the key it would enter in anti-theft mode. The problem is that I only got one set of keys and yes my key are chipped. Anyway, everything should be fine by the end of the day. The dealer said that this could be something with the electric wiring touching something wrong(like a part of the body or something else).

My car showoff
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 09:33 AM
Newcomer

I would guess you have to much amperage causing you to blow the fuse. Actually determining this would take a little knowledge on how to use a multimeter and just make sure you have less than 15amps showing up. That would have been my suggestion good luck dealer!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Forum Regular

soulsurfing, I have a 2006 LS and my keys are chipped. I have a regular key in a hide a key that only will open the doors, but will not start the car. 2006 do have chipped keys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode