Few Problems - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Few Problems

Posted this in my introduction thread, and the car is at the dealership now (small dealer - not official Chevy) trying to find out what is wrong. I'll post them here so it gets better exposure.

Problem #1: Clunking noise from the front end, mainly the left front. Happens over any size bump and makes a sound like the shock is having problems dampening the impact. Sounds like it's bouncing up and down a few times. I thought bad shocks, but after some reading on here could be a number of things. I didn't see anything wrong with my eyes, could be missing something.

Problem #2: With the A/C running, when I come to a stop and press the clutch in, the RPM drops to idle, dips and/or bounces around a couple times then the car stalls.

Problem #3: While driving over a hard bump like the separation in the pavement when going over a bridge, or railroad tracks, the car cuts out really quick. It recovers OK, and has only happened a couple times. Bad MAF?

So far neither 2 or 3 have popped the CEL on.

Bought this car used with 110k on it (2006 LS) from a small dealer, really hoping I didn't get myself into a lemon.

2006 LS Sedan 5-Speed 110k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Small update. Just got a call from the dealership. The stalling/cutting out was caused by a loose crank sensor wire. Apparently it's fixed now.

They are also replacing the front shocks and sway links tomorrow for the clunking sound.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

UPDATE:

The new shocks/sway links/sway bushings fixed the clunking from the front. New crank sensor harness fixed the stalling problem, so she's good to go for now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode