06 Balt Keeps Frying TCM! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Exclamation 06 Balt Keeps Frying TCM!

Ok Geniuses...

I have a 2006 Cobalt 2.2 Automatic, last week i went in to the stealership for a $10.00 FRIDAY oil change, after the oil change, my check engine light was on, and i got a POWER STEERING message, i had them change out the power steering motor (because it was free) and low and behold after they did that, my check engine light was still on, and the tray wouldn't shift out of first gear. i had them run it again and they told me i needed a new TCM (Transmission Control Module) i forked over the cash, and they replaced it, and reprogrammed it. I drove it about 15-20 miles and the check engine light came on again, and the car jerked when i put it in Drive. and again, it wouldn't shift out of first. I took it BACK to chevy, and they told me that it might have something to do with my subwoofer system, but they replaced the part, free of charge, I got the car back on Wednesday of this week. I drove it Yestarday (Thursday) about 90 miles, and made it home with NO PROBLEM, but again, this morning, i turned her over, to let the A/C cool down the car before i left, and when i got in the Check Engine light was laughing in my face, hoping it would be something else, i tried it out and again, no second gear... I am beyond myself, and i am honestly thinking about suing the HELL out of Finnegan Chevrolet.

If you think that is strange there is more to this, not only did the problems START after i had the infamous $10.00 oil change, but my car PASSED INSPECTION a few days before!!!

i am done with this, and i need to get my car up and running again because i need it to get to school! any help or insight you guys can provide would be GREAT!!! IM ME for any more info, or for my Email....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Called chevy directly (not dealer) and be persistent about it. Talk to the support people and explain what was done, and now that THEY will have to fix it. Be persistent and you will get through this. I would just call them.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Thumbs down

I tried that, i called GM Corporate earlier today, after i posted this thread, after talking to the stealership, they sided with them, and told me i was F-U-K-E-D!!! (basically) im likely going to go to an electrician and get it looked, at, but still anybody ever seen anything like this???

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Chevy Customer Service
YourCobalt.com Premium MemberExpert

guitar.god832,

Im sorry to hear about the concerns that are surfacing with your Cobalt. What I can do is get a case set up for you and get you in contact with our Customer Service department, who will work with your dealership (or an alternate dealership) to try and resolve these concerns.

If this sounds like something you would like to do, please DM me with your VIN, contact information (address, phone number, etc) and well go from there.

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode