Trunk Problems - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Trunk Problems

whenever i try to open my trunk from the inside (using the button) it wont work... changed out some fuses and it worked 3 times in a row but stopped working again.. i dont have an owners manual because the car didnt come with one... anyone have this problem before?? im thinking its possibly a relay but not sure which one. cuz i jiggled them and it worked for 3 times lol

Photobucket
Full 2.5 inch magnaflow exhaust system, injen short ram air intake, cobalt ss front bumper, cobalt ss wing, tinted tail lights, limo tint back 3 windows, 10k 55w hid's (helicopter hunting). And ofcourse.. DOMO!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Oldkid
You probably know this however 1. On a manual transmission the switch has to be OFF or in Accessory; 2. on an automatic transmission the transmission has to be in PARK, before the remote trunk release will operate.
Also this might be helpful, In the fuse block under the hood,
Fuse number 26 is labeled Door Locks.
Relay number 32 is labeled Retained Accessory Power (RAP)

The fuse block inside the car,
There is a fuse called in my book as TRUNK/HTD SEATS for heated seats. These fuses are not numbered in my book but the fuse is just below the AIR PUMP relay near the top left row of fuses. That's the only fuses that I can find in the book that may relate.
Do you have keyless entry and does it open with the remote? If it does my guess is the switch on the button itself. I hear it clicking when I press mine. I doubt the relay under the head will have anything wrong. And the fuse under the hood also operates the doors.
Hope this is some help. Good luck.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 04:17 AM
Forum Regular

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverslowbalt View Post
whenever i try to open my trunk from the inside (using the button) it wont work... changed out some fuses and it worked 3 times in a row but stopped working again.. i dont have an owners manual because the car didnt come with one... anyone have this problem before?? im thinking its possibly a relay but not sure which one. cuz i jiggled them and it worked for 3 times lol
Or you could have the same problem that I did. After checking just about all the fuses, I went to a junk yard, paid the owned $5 and got a new trunk popper button. Took the molding off and replaced the switch. Haven't had a problem since. Taking the button out was an easy replacement.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
the button thats below the left side of the dash in the little door? or the switch in the back?

Photobucket
Full 2.5 inch magnaflow exhaust system, injen short ram air intake, cobalt ss front bumper, cobalt ss wing, tinted tail lights, limo tint back 3 windows, 10k 55w hid's (helicopter hunting). And ofcourse.. DOMO!!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 04:23 AM
Forum Regular

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverslowbalt View Post
the button thats below the left side of the dash in the little door? or the switch in the back?
The one in the little door, by the drivers left knee. The button was the easy fix. I don't know if this is the same solution to your problem though.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
well ill give it a try.. all the fuses are working and i checked all the wiring and there is no problem.. so its gotta be the switch

Photobucket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode