06 Cobalt No Start. Need Assistance Please - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

06 Cobalt No Start. Need Assistance Please

Hello, everybody

I have a 2006 Cobalt 2.2 L61. It was in a small wreck in the drivers front fender area. The car drove up onto a wrecker, and then drove out of the yard when i picked it up under it's own power. It was towed back home. When I went to repair the body, it would not start. The fuel pump would not come on. I put 12v to the pump after removing from the tank and it worked fine. There is continuity from relay to pump. Just to see if the car would run, I spliced the pump into a hot wire. It still wouldn't start.

I have pressure at the fuel rail (60ish psi) if it is spliced to a hot wire. Injectors will not pulse; The plugs are not wet. I verified this with a noid light. The injectors seem fine, though. They have fine resistance and will open if given power source. I had no engine lights so i had the ECM tested. It was determined it was flat dead. No signal could be run through it they said.

I just replaced the ECU and it still isn't running. Sour smell from exhaust when trying to start although fuel pump won't prime and spark plugs are not wet.

This was a good car and I would love to have it running again.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Blake W.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Chevy Customer Service
YourCobalt.com Premium MemberExpert

Iím going to see what our Technical Assistance Center has to say about getting your Cobalt started. Their recommendation may be to bring your vehicle into a servicing dealership rather than give you incorrect information. I should have an answer for you either way in two business days.

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Newcomer

did you check the crank or cam sensor...it may not be sending a signal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode