Passenger Window and Both Power Rear Views Glichy - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Passenger Window and Both Power Rear Views Glichy

So I have a cobalt that has power windows and rear view windows For some reason the passenger switch to roll the windows down and up does not work, but if I use my driver switch to roll the passenger down; it works fine. Also my rear view power windows dont want to move anywhere except down, when I try to use the power adjuster, WTH is wrong? Thanks for the input cobalt ppl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Since it is the same fuse that supplies power to both power switches I would tend to believe that you have a bad power window switch on passenger side.

I'm sure you meant rear view mirrors so...
Same with your mirrors since these are a totaly different circuit I think you have a bad switch there also or maybe a broken wire.

Cannot upload large .pdf files to this site so I have to convert them to Jpeg but can't do this on my cell, I will try to download pdf from GM server, convert and upload JPEG diagrams tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MIR!.jpg
Views:	2425
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	114   Click image for larger version

Name:	PWR!.jpg
Views:	1030
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	115  

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Last edited by Coby7; 12-15-2011 at 06:11 AM.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Thx coby, thats what I meant

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Contributor

[QUOTE=Coby7;547597]Since it is the same fuse that supplies power to both power switches I would tend to believe that you have a bad power window switch on passenger side.

I know this is an old thread but I just discovered my rear drivers side power window does not respond to the driver power switch or the rear door power window switch. All other windows and switches work on my 2009 sedan. Do you think it's a fuse?

Shorty Antenna, Painted Calipers, SAI K&N Intake, B&G Lowering Springs, FE5 Shocks and Struts, Moog End Links, Moog Tie Rod Ends, Polk Audio DXi650 Speakers - front and back.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Well I fixed mine, and it was the switch itself. It would either be your switch trigger itself, or fuse; in my opinion.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Contributor

Well it's not the fuse. According to my manual, one fuse in spot 29 on the inside fuse lock controls all the power windows. I pulled that and none of the power windows worked. I put it back in and every window worked except that rear driver's side.

There are two rocker arms that control that, one in the driver's armrest and the other in the rear door armrest and neither one move the window. Are they connected to one switch? Where is that switch located?

Shorty Antenna, Painted Calipers, SAI K&N Intake, B&G Lowering Springs, FE5 Shocks and Struts, Moog End Links, Moog Tie Rod Ends, Polk Audio DXi650 Speakers - front and back.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I would fair to guess that your power window motor has a dead spot or is just bad. Each window is controled by BCM. It would have to be one hell of a coincidence that both switches would be bad at same time.

Last edited by Coby7; 05-25-2012 at 02:06 PM.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Contributor

I found a wiring diagram. Since there are two different switches and neither one works, I think that would point to the rear power window motor if I'm looking at it right. Although mine is a 2009 and this is for a 2007, I doubt that they have changed that much.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
I would fair to guess that your power window motor has a dead spot or is just bad. Each window is controled by BCM. It would have to be one hell of a coincidence that both switches would be bad at same time.
Thanks Coby, I came to the same conclusion and was posting before I read your post.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dondiego View Post
Thanks Coby, I came to the same conclusion and was posting before I read your post.
It's not a race, lol, but kinda confirms our presumption.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Contributor

I found a remanufactured motor for $60 (Cardone) at O'Reilly Auto Parts. Is that what I need? How hard is it to replace? Or do I need to replace the whole lift system which would cost me over $150?

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/se...alt&vi=1442864

Last edited by dondiego; 05-25-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: added link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread