Turning on A/C Nearly Stalls when Stopped
My 2006 Cobalt LS nearly stalls any time I turn on the A/C and am stopped. It'll dip down to right around 500 rpms, idle rough for 1/2 second or so, then idle back up and be fine. But if I rev the engine for any reason and let it come back down, it'll do it all over again. This is especially annoying in stop and go traffic!
1. It never actually stalls and the A/C does blow cold.
2. The battery is new-ish -- but the problem occurred before then too.
3. I replaced the plugs in the last 500 miles -- the problem occurred before and after.
4. Ditto on changing coolant (replaced with the green stuff, not dex-cool) in the last 200 miles.
5. The car never overheats -- nominally 189F, max seems around 225F in stop & go traffic in central TX.
Does this sound like a sensor problem? How can I diagnose what's causing the issue?
2006 Cobalt LS, 5-speed, K&N Air Filter, otherwise stock -- can't afford an SS *sniff*
Last edited by 2006CobaltLS; 04-04-2012 at 07:50 AM.