Passenger Floor Wet - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Staff Alumni

Passenger Floor Wet

so the day started with me replacing the 6x9s which was a pain but then i went to run the speed cable, rcas, and remote wire so i took out the passenger seat and when i lifted the carpet it was soaked but only in front of the seat and up close to the fire wall so my guess is something to do with the ac? i dont have a sun roof so it cant be that....also my service air bag light came on...any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Service air bag will come on if you remove your seat and disconnect the switch. Check you A/C drain it might be plugged with debris.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Staff Alumni

ahh should have specified...service air bag came on before the removal of the seat

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rriggs92 View Post
ahh should have specified...service air bag came on before the removal of the seat
Check the harness under the passenger seat make sure its connected and the harness is clean inside. It seems like this would be the issue as it was soaking wet and this does cause the Service Airbag message. You may be re pulling up the carpet again to solve this btw.

Old Car: Chevy Cobalt 2006 LS Sedan base (Automatic)

New Car: Chevy Impala 2011 LT Fully Loaded (Automatic)
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Staff Alumni

yea i checked the back seat and it seems to be wet there as well but i dont know if it was originally or if it was because i had the front folded over and it may have dripped:( i pulled the drivers seat and it doesnt seem to be wet so this leads me to think something to do with the ac still...and now i gotta get a part of the car repainted since i scratched it really bad when i took the seat out:/
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Expert

Its best to remove the front seats is to remove the rear seat 1st, the bottom part anyway, then remove the front seats from the rear doors, never the front, never put a scratch on mine, removed the seats several times.

If the harness is wet, then that could easily be your problem. Get the "wetting" situation fixed first, do as Coby said and check your AC area, I would start by removing the Cabin filter and see if its wet too, if so then you have something going on with your AC, literally needs a cleaning.

Then, dry your carpet, then the harness, then check again.

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Staff Alumni

i changed my cabin filter a few weeks ago i wonder if that has something to do with it? and i scrated the back of the car carrying the seat away because i was in my garage and was squeezing through an area its only a little scratch but it got it deep..also mine is a coupe
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rriggs92 View Post
i changed my cabin filter a few weeks ago i wonder if that has something to do with it? and i scrated the back of the car carrying the seat away because i was in my garage and was squeezing through an area its only a little scratch but it got it deep..also mine is a coupe
Arhh, no rear doors for you, then retract the seats to the most lying down position, turn them sideways then kinda roll them out of the door.

Check the Cabin filter, although, I doubt that could cause excessive water dripping, however, if you pushed that in and it got bent on the way in and didnt cover the condenser completely, much dust could clog the condenser thus result in much leaking, and if your drainer pipe was clogged, condensation has nowhere to go but down, which would be on the inside of the firewall, and eventually on your passenger foot area. It may be quiet a bit of work to check that out, but I don't think nothing is broken, its probably just dirty, take it from me, I'm from South Texas, home and car A/C systems will drip if the air intake is reduced (usually due to clogged filter or clogged condenser), if your drainer pipe is clogged and your intake is reduced, you will get dripping and it will have no place to drip but down the firewall and then onto your carpet.

Last edited by johnccc; 04-20-2012 at 09:51 PM.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Staff Alumni

the filter kinda makes sense now if bending could have caused it...they dont really slide in like they should so il check that out
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Expert

They don't slide in easily, but its the most neglected maintenance in all cars, nobody ever thinks about the cabin filter.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode