2006 Oxygen Sensor Wires Cut?? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

2006 Oxygen Sensor Wires Cut??

OK...My girl has a 2006 cobalt LS and the other day I noticed the upstream oxygen sensor on the manifold...well the wires have been cut and I cannot find the plug to plug into if we were to buy a new one. She bought the car brand new. Nobody has worked on this car but the dealer where it was bought. It has been in to the dealer on a few recalls like the steering issues. Well maintained

The issues.....on cold starts it runs like CRAP for about 30 seconds then it levels out and runs ok. I cannot get any codes out of it...Many people have looked at the wiring harness and cannot see where anything has been cut on that end..but the ox sensor has 4 wires that have been cut for sure sticking out of the exhaust manifold.(i'll post a pic later) Just the past few months it has been acting up on start up....but no check engine light comes on....anyone want to take a educated guess on this one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 04:06 AM
hawaii icon
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Look below the exhaust header on the drivers side. If you look hard enough there should be an empty plug which is where that O2 sensor would have been plugged in. Its in a kinda crappy spot, but it should be there.

Aspire to Inspire the Aspirations of the Inspirational
www.facebook.com/islandecotecs
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I think your dealer's mechanic screwed up and then covered his tracks. You need Sarah's help. But if you just want to fix it, buy an HO2 sensor and replace it, the harness has to be there.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Last edited by Coby7; 05-08-2012 at 07:31 AM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 06:47 AM
Chevy Customer Service
YourCobalt.com Premium MemberExpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
OK...My girl has a 2006 cobalt LS and the other day I noticed the upstream oxygen sensor on the manifold...well the wires have been cut and I cannot find the plug to plug into if we were to buy a new one. She bought the car brand new. Nobody has worked on this car but the dealer where it was bought. It has been in to the dealer on a few recalls like the steering issues. Well maintained

The issues.....on cold starts it runs like CRAP for about 30 seconds then it levels out and runs ok. I cannot get any codes out of it...Many people have looked at the wiring harness and cannot see where anything has been cut on that end..but the ox sensor has 4 wires that have been cut for sure sticking out of the exhaust manifold.(i'll post a pic later) Just the past few months it has been acting up on start up....but no check engine light comes on....anyone want to take a educated guess on this one?
Good morning and welcome to the forum,

I would be happy to look into this further with you, if you like. As you're newer to the forum, I don't think you can use the private messaging tool yet. Please send the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, your name and address, and the name of the servicing dealership to [email protected] (put "Attn: Sarah" in the subject line).

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 12:17 PM
hawaii icon
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
This chick is legit!! She's always a lot of help

Aspire to Inspire the Aspirations of the Inspirational
www.facebook.com/islandecotecs