This is from a GM service bulletin;
• Only vehicles that are listed in the E85 Compatible Vehicles section of this bulletin and/or www.livegreengoyellow.com
are E85 compatible.
• All other gasoline and diesel engines are NOT E85 compatible.
• Use of fuel containing greater than 10% ethanol in non-E85 designated vehicles can cause
driveability issues, service engine soon indicators as well as increased fuel system corrosion
• Repairs to non-FlexFuel vehicles that have been fueled with E85 are not covered under the terms of the New Vehicle Warranty.
• Misfire codes (P0300).
• Various O2 sensor codes.
• Disabled traction control or Stability System disabled messages.
• Harsh / Firm transmission shifts.
The only E85 compatible vehicles produced by General Motors are:
• Fuel system and / or engine mechanical component degradation.
• 2000-2002 S-Series pickups with 2.2L (VIN 5- RPO L43)
• 2002-2005 full-size pickups and utilities with 5.3L (VIN Z -- L59)
• 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe with 5.3L (VIN Z -- RPO L59)
• 2006-2007 Chevrolet Impala, Monte Carlo with 3.5L (VIN K -- RPO LZE)
• 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe with 5.3L (VINs 0, 3 -- RPOs LMG, LC9)
• 2007 Chevrolet Express, GMC Savana with 5.3L (VIN Z-- RPO L59)
• 2008 Chevrolet Impala with 3.9L (VIN 3-- RPO LZG)
• 2006 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL with 5.3L (VIN Z -- RPO L59)
• 2007 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL with 5.3L (VINs 0, 3 -- RPOs LMG, LC9)
• 2007 Saturn Relay, Buick Terraza, Chevrolet Uplander, Pontiac Montana SV6 (Canada Only) with 3.9L (VIN W -- RPO LGD)