Steering Column and Transmission. - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

Steering Column and Transmission.

Hey Guys. Im new here. I got a couple of problems.

Last monday i went to the dealership due to my steering column shaking. Not the steering wheel. You can feel something moving behind the steering wheel. I don't know if there is something loose. But honestly im just scared to drive it. Plus i just gotten a wheel alignment and the steering column is going to the left. The dealer said they couldnt find any problems with that. But i know there is a problem. I actually feel it because i drive it.

When Im driving between 40-45 mph the rpms start jumping up and down and im moving back and fourth with the car. I thought the car was going to make me look like a jack ass and i gotten the guy do it. He thought it was the throttle body sensor but i told him the check engine light isnt on. So he kept my car for a few days because they dont know where to start. Then they called me tuesday and told me they recalibrated the tcm. But i took the car for a test drive. Its still doing the same damn thing.

I have a 2008 chevy cobalt ls 2.2 liter. Please help me or give me some idea to tell the dealership. Im really tire of the steering column because its only a year old. I dont think the powertrain warranty covers the steering column. So any advice would help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Chevy Customer Service
YourCobalt.com Premium MemberExpert

Welcome to the forum, tntorqu.

If you were interested, I work with GM Customer Service and would be willing to look into this further. Let me know! I think you may not be able to private message yet as you are so new to the forum, but I will send you a private message with the email address I can be reached at.

All the best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Forum Regular

I have had the steering column replaced twice, for the rattling noise at low speeds. This is the second time. I only have 60k miles, the car is a 09. There needs to be something better done about this. It seems to fix it for a short time. I did call GM, and got nothing. Well I did get 1 yr of Onstar for free but I know that is only to compensate for the fact that it will happen again, and of course after my extended warranty is out.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Newcomer

Try getting your tires balanced. That
Could be the problem. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode