Cobalt 2.2L Will Not Start -- Need Help
This is my first time posting here and I need some help, please.
The car is a 2006 Cobalt with a 2.2L engine.
The other day I started the car and it ran fine. Shortly after starting it I realized I had forgotten something inside and shut it off to go back inside. When I came back out it would not start again. I have never had any major issues with this car in the past.
The symptoms follow
1. The car cranks, but never fires, not even slightly.
2. I have 60 psi fuel pressure at the fuel rail.
3. I do get good spark on all four plugs.
4. There are no trouble codes at all
Things I've noticed while troubleshooting.
1. When taking the spark plug out, they are all dry. No gas at all on them, even though I have been cranking the engine without getting any firing.
2. When testing for spark, I feel that I should have smelled gasoline coming from the open cylinder, which I did not.
I have tried to disconnect the battery for 15+ minutes and got nothing. I thought maybe my key had become "unprogrammed" so I went through the long reprogramming process for the passkey system, which I've done before, and it still does nothing. I have checked all fuses and they seem fine.
The lack of gasoline smell or residue in the cylinders leads me to believe the gasoline is not making it there, but I'm not sure how that could be with fuel pressure.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.