HID Headlight Wiring - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Lightbulb HID Headlight Wiring

Been a long time since I've posted on here, but I'm having a headlight issue. Ok. Here's the deal. We had a huge rain come through and I think it shorted out something in my HID wiring(water was getting into to headlight too) The low beams went out and the brights were still working so I turned them lower to the ground, then tonight my left light went out completely while my right bright is still working. I've basically come to the conclusion that my HID's have gone for good. I had these installed about 4 years ago and I'm aware they had to have additional wiring apart from the wiring setup that is already there for the original headlights. I plan to go grab some regular headlights tomorrow until I can deal with this issue, my question is will they just plug right in like normal? I've looked at the wiring and from what I can tell, I would assume thats the case, but I wasnt sure if aftermarket HID's require some form of re-routing of the wires where they will only work with the select HID's or something... (I know I'm a bit confusing, I can't really figure out how to word this question)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode