Lubrication Areas of LS Sedan? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Lubrication Areas of LS Sedan?

I have completely given up and have no trust in service technicians at the dealer ships i live near. They give me lack/luster service now, guess because my car has passed the 3 year mark even though it only has 35,500 miles on it. I guess I'm so weirdo for wanting to treat my 3 yo car the same way I and the dealership USED to treat it back when it was brought new. The technicians are now getting sloppy with their work and they no longer do thorough point inspections like I request during the oil changes, so now I'm going to do as much as the usual "multi point inspection" I can do on my own. I've been needing new front brake pads for a little while, and in the multi point inspection they went from being in the yellow/almost red measurements to now green as if they were brand new. Proof they are just pretending to do the work. Same with my air filter. They tried shoving one down
My throat at only 15,000 miles but now at 35,000 when it's actually dirty they don't even mention it. So I did my own inspection and found it to be filthy. Oh yeah before I bought my new tires (the others were so worn I'd here the screech on sharp turns) they were marking those at green because they are lazy and pretended to check them. So now that I know they are no longer reliable just because my car isn't brand new and not a Camaro I need to know all the areas of the chassis that require lubrication if any and what lube to
Use. I already know about the NLGI 2 lubes for things like the key locks and the lube for door hinges but the manual doesn't mention anything about the chassis requiring any lube. So I want to double check.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Chevy Customer Service
YourCobalt.com Premium MemberExpert

Snappa,
We're sorry that you haven't had a good experience with your dealership! If I can document anything for you, please contact me via private message with more details (including your name and contact information and the last 8 digits of your VIN).
Sarah, GM Customer Service

Have you checked into Chevrolet Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.chevrolet.com!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappa View Post
I already know about the NLGI 2 lubes for things like the key locks and the lube for door hinges but the manual doesn't mention anything about the chassis requiring any lube. So I want to double check.
The manual doesn't mention any because there isn't any. Greased at the factory until it breaks down. Your new parts like, end-links, outter tie-rods and ball-joints will have grease nipples and will last a lot longer if you service them.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

This is if you buy the greasable ones of course.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Last edited by Coby7; 01-24-2013 at 01:08 PM. Reason: missing comma
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode