Transmission Shifting Problem! HELP - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Unhappy Transmission Shifting Problem! HELP

2008 Chevy Cobalt (Auto) wont shift past 3rd gear. It starts "Free Revving" after about 3500 rpm in 3rd gear. Some have said Maybe the Trasmission Speed Sensor others say "Slave Cylinder". HELP

-I was just driving and all the sudden the RPM shot up and didnt pick up speed. I tried pulling over and Turning off and on twice, didnt work. I hope its nothing to do witht he transmission and its only the speed sensor. Please Help ASAP! need to drive 300 miles for a job interview in a couple days

-its not stuck in third gear, it shifts through 1,2, and 3 very smoothly, But it wont go to 4th gear and it is normal rpm and acceleration up to about 3500 RPM in third gear. i cant get past 30 mph... lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 08:22 AM
Chevy Customer Service
YourCobalt.com Premium MemberExpert

Welcome to the forum, Chexmix09. If you would like for me to get you information on any warranties that may still be on your vehicle, please don't hesitate to contact me via email (see my signature) or private message with the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage.

Sarah, GM Customer Service

Have you checked into Chevrolet Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.chevrolet.com!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
engine problems , shifting , transmission

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode