Cobalt Will Not Start!! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Angry Cobalt Will Not Start!!

I drove to work and everything was gravy,had to leave work to go to the bank and it wouldn't turn over. I have all the dash lights on like usual but when I go to start it......nothing,not even a click. My stereo isn't turning on either....if that helps.
1)battery good
2)fuses good,even the big bastard in the trunk.

it does make small click that comes from behind the dash but I think that's normal.
So now I'm stuck at work but scheduled a tow from Verizon at 7. If someone can give me something to go on when I get home tonight that would be great.

2006 Cobalt ls,18" motegi rims,eibach extreme spring,koni yellows,real carbon fiber bolt on hood with scoop,redline spoiler,projector halo headlights,20% tint,carbon fiber bowties,custom carbon fiber dash kit,carbon fiber side mirrors, k&n typhoon cai ,full magnaflow exhaust with pacesetter header,twm short throw shifter,rzo weighted shift knob,ac delco iridium plugs,3 gauge pillar with a/f ratio,oil pressure,volt meter,alpine ina-w19 dd touch,everything else alpine as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Staff Alumni

anyway for you to check battery voltage?

2009 Ford Escape Limited - 3.0L, 6 speed auto, 4x4, 25/33 city/hwy imp mpg.
2017 F150 XLT-XTR - 5.0L, 4x4, 3.55's, E-locker, xtr chrome package, fx4 off-road package.
20/25 imp mpg
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Did you check the 2 BCM fuses in the underhood fuse block. 30 and 40 amp square fuses at the back. If these burn while driving engine won't die but if you stop your car it won't start-up again because one of these fuses supplies crank relay.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Continuity on all of the above.....

2006 Cobalt ls,18" motegi rims,eibach extreme spring,koni yellows,real carbon fiber bolt on hood with scoop,redline spoiler,projector halo headlights,20% tint,carbon fiber bowties,custom carbon fiber dash kit,carbon fiber side mirrors, k&n typhoon cai ,full magnaflow exhaust with pacesetter header,twm short throw shifter,rzo weighted shift knob,ac delco iridium plugs,3 gauge pillar with a/f ratio,oil pressure,volt meter,alpine ina-w19 dd touch,everything else alpine as well.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
What about your boost post? Is it tight? Any corrosion at the base where the two lugs attach?

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Radio not coming on should be a clue but not sure how!!!!

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Now that its dark,the dome light isn't working either. and my code reader isn't connecting either. I'll check post.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Initiate

Battery is dead

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Jump it

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Battery definitely not dead.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Tested just about everything....I'm done! It's getting loaded on the flatbed now headed to the stealership! At least I have a guy on the inside!

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Broken ground between engine and "ECM"

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Bingo,service writer just called me.Where was that answer $119 ago,lol? If I had more time and actually had a day off I probably could of tracked it down myself! I'm just happy its fixed,thanks for the help everyone! Just in time for my new muffler too,UPS says it should be here tomorrow which is my half day of meetings. Just gotta cut off the ol' magnaflow and weld on the new borla xs!

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

P.S. this has been the first time that anyone has ever done work to my car besides me. I'm a hands on DIY'r 99% of the time,I was just in a pinch.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode