2005 Chevy Cobalt No Start - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

2005 Chevy Cobalt No Start

Just started acting up i noticed the car would want to stall some times at stop lights... Then about 3 weeks ago i turned the car on for like 1 minute and it just shut off on me. And displayed engine reduced/engine disabled left it stranded all night went back the next morning brought home 5 miles aaway worked fine then took on a 2 hour trip. Then came back from the 2 hour trip drove around 250mi and boom same isssue occured again. But now its acting up more. Got codes P0420, P0601 , C0242,,

I have my engine light on wont want to erase

no abs light on though

all my electric compenents work and when wanting to start it up again it just clicks by the bcm.. doesnt turn over i believe its an electrical issue.
2.2l 2 door 156k

Thanks any help would be appreciated or any body that has had this happened and corrected thankss,, wanting to contact chevy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Forum Regular

Just had a similar issue,except I lost radio,dome light,and couldn't connect to obd2. It ended up being the wire in the trunk that the bcm fuse was in broke,so ya might wanna check there first. Maybe even pull that fuse and make sure its good. A lot of talent on this forum,I'm sure somebody will chime in with other go to trouble spots. Good luck man.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

It was also no start BTW

2006 Cobalt ls,18" motegi rims,eibach extreme spring,koni yellows,real carbon fiber bolt on hood with scoop,redline spoiler,projector halo headlights,20% tint,carbon fiber bowties,custom carbon fiber dash kit,carbon fiber side mirrors, k&n typhoon cai ,full magnaflow exhaust with pacesetter header,twm short throw shifter,rzo weighted shift knob,ac delco iridium plugs,3 gauge pillar with a/f ratio,oil pressure,volt meter,alpine ina-w19 dd touch,everything else alpine as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode