Blower Motor Trouble. Stumped - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Blower Motor Trouble. Stumped

My girlfriend has a 2008 cobalt and the blower motor will not spin. One morning I came out and there was water on the floor. Like an inch deep over the whole floor on the passenger side and the motor wouldn't spin. I should mention she has been getting water in the car for a long time. It would come out of the bottom of the blower motor housing right on your feet. It would either happen during heavy rain or if you turn the ac on. So I thought the water got to the motor and killed it. So I put a new one in. Didn't do anything. I changed the resistor, the whole switch, the relay, the fuse isn't blown either. I've hooked up a switch in the mean time so she has heat but only on one speed. The vent changes and everything still work too. And the hot and cold and the fresh air. I know it sounds stupid but I can't think of anything else. I tried searching for a thread like this or somebody with the same problem and had no luck. And if anybody's had the water problem before or knows what to do about that I'd really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Contributor

Sounds like the water could be from the HVAC/AV drain line and it should be blown out. The electrical problem with your blower i am not sure but could it be the switch?

Shorty Antenna, Painted Calipers, SAI K&N Intake, B&G Lowering Springs, FE5 Shocks and Struts, Moog End Links, Moog Tie Rod Ends, Polk Audio DXi650 Speakers - front and back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode