Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need Tips on Removing Underbody Rust

6K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Ridinonrails 
#1 ·
This is my first thread and need advice on how to remove rust from the underbody of my '09 cobalt. I live in northern Maine where it snows 6 months out of the year and the roads are heavily salted so I now have some descent sized rust spots spreading on the frame and underbody. What would be the best method of removing it all?

#3 ·
Welcome. Rust is a hard thing to battle. Cutting it all out is the only way to combat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
Undercoating spray only works good for preventing rust. If you cover it up it can still spread.

#8 ·
Pro15 isnt gonna stop rust its a rust inhibitor which means its just gonna slow it down. Only way to beat rust is to prevent it all together. Regular under coats before winter once winter is gone run it through a couple chassis washes at your local automated car wash to was off the sand salt mix

#9 ·
I've been painting the frame on my Chevy truck for a few years now. I apply some rust remover/prep Fast Etch, before I paint it with Rustoleum. It's a dirty job and the rust comes back every year, especially around any welds.

I owned a Nissan pickup for 14 years. It alway ran great but the frame rotted away and it became unsafe to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.